Our Commitment to Privacy
We at Online Buddy are committed to conducting business according to all applicable Data Protection laws and regulations. We take responsibility for maintaining and protecting the customer information that we hold. We review this policy and our internal data protection policy and practices on a regular basis to ensure that we are in compliance with applicable legislation and current best practices.
Data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title;
- Business information including postal and billing addresses and website address;
- Contact information including email address and phone number;
- Banking details;
- Demographic information
- Cookie information
- Other information relevant to a projects or campaigns.
We collect customer information:
- To deploy the service we have been contracted to provide;
- To maintain customer relationships;
- To discuss customer requirements and make information available;
- To manage and develop business operations;
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- To enhance future website user experiences.
We process your personal information:
- Consent – Where necessary we will only collect and process your personal information if you have consented for us to do so.
- Legitimate Interests – We may use and process some of your personal information where we have sensible and legitimate business grounds for doing so. Under European privacy laws there is a concept of “legitimate interests” as a justification for processing your personal information. Our legitimate interests for processing your personal information are:
- To enable you to access and use our website and other digital tools we may provide as part of our service;
- To communicate with you about our service or make information available regarding products and services offered by Online Buddy Ltd
- to improve our website.
All individuals who are the subject of personal data held by Online Buddy are entitled to:
- Ask what information the company holds about them
- Ask what the purpose of the data is
- Receive a copy of the data
- Be informed how to keep it up to date
- Object to the use of the data
- Request the data is corrected, rectified, restricted, moved, or erased
Subject access requests must be made in writing to the Sheffield office address, for the attention of Data Request Team or by email to email@example.com
The subject access request will be responded to within 40 days. The company will require proof of identification to verify the subject access request before handing over any data.
Data Security and Integrity
Keeping your information safe is very important to us so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation.
Access to customer information is limited to those who have a need to know. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such info.
From time to time and for operational reasons the information we collect from you may be stored in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). When we appoint our service providers to help us provide services to you, we take care to ensure that they have appropriate security measures in place.
We do our best to keep the information you disclose to us secure. However, security cannot be absolutely guaranteed against all threats. By using our service and website you accept the inherent risks of providing information online and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security.
Cookies and our website
- User preference – we set these to customise your website preferences, for example dismissing a popup not to show again in your browser, or setting your live chat preferences.
- Analytics – we use these to understand how the website is being used in order to improve the user experience. Your user data is all anonymous. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service at http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
- AdWords: Using Google AdWords code we are able to see which pages helped lead to contact form submissions. This allows us to make better use of our paid search budget. We also log when users view specific pages, allowing us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
- CRM: We use WordPress as our CRM and cookies are set by it to log user preferences and activity.
- Third party cookies: We use a number of external web services.